The more we call on God
the more we can feel God's presence.
Day by day we are drawn closer
to the loving heart of God.
Daily Prayer - 2021-07-24
The more we call on God
If God were trying to tell me something, would I know?
If God were reassuring me or challenging me, would I notice?
I ask for the grace to be free of my own preoccupations
and open to what God may be saying to me.
Lord, you are present in all things
And when I take time to simply sit and be with you
My mind rests
And I feel your peace.
He put before them another parable: 'The kingdom of heaven may be compared to someone who sowed good seed in his field; but while everybody was asleep, an enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and then went away. So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared as well. And the slaves of the householder came and said to him, "Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where, then, did these weeds come from?" He answered, "An enemy has done this." The slaves said to him, "Then do you want us to go and gather them?" But he replied, "No; for in gathering the weeds you would uproot the wheat along with them. Let both of them grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Collect the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn." '
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus compares the kingdom of heaven to the good we desire and do. When things don’t always work out as we expect, it is easy for us to be distracted from what is good. I pray that I may keep my good intentions clear and fresh, bringing them before the Holy Spirit for blessing.
- The master in the story recognised the work of the enemy but did not let it alter his course or define his life; his concern remained with his field of wheat, his eye on the harvest it could yield. Help me, God, to be able to know and to name what impoverishes me but to keep my eye and heart on what you are doing and what you desire for me.
“Stay and watch with me.”
Your words, Lord, to the disciples
before your suffering and death.
I know, Lord, You will stay and watch over me
all the days of my life.
I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for any insights I may have been given concerning the text.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space•
- Making Good Decisions
- Easy to follow eight-step video guide to making good decisions.
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space