Lord, you are always there
waiting for me.
May I never be too busy to
find time to spend in your presence.
Daily Prayer - 2019-04-14
Lord, you are always there
Lord God I thank you for the gift of freedom.
Help me to use this gift with integrity.
I am free to make choices.
Help me to choose to follow you,
to live in a Christian way by caring for others.
Remind me to consider always those less fortunate than myself,
the oppressed, the prisoner, those who are not free to worship in public.
Guide me always to seek your holy will in all the events of my life.
Grant, O Lord, that I may be conscious
and grateful for all the good things you have given to me.
May I share my blessings with others always.
Jesus went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.
When he drew near to Bethphage and Bethany,
at the mount that is called Olivet,
he sent two disciples,
saying, ‘Go into the village opposite,
where on entering you will find a colt tied,
on which no one has ever yet sat;
untie it and bring it here.
If any one asks you,
“Why are you untying it?”
you shall say this,
“The Lord has need of it.”’
So those who were sent
went away and found it as he had told them.
And as they were untying the colt,
its owners said to them,
‘Why are you untying the colt?’
And they said,
‘The Lord has need of it.’
And they brought it to Jesus,
and throwing their garments on the colt
they set Jesus upon it.
And as he rode along,
they spread their garments on the road.
As he was drawing near,
at the descent of the Mount of Olives,
the whole multitude of the disciples
began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice
for all the mighty works that they had seen,
‘Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!
Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!’
And some of the Pharisees in the multitude said to him,
‘Teacher, rebuke your disciples.’
‘I tell you, if these were silent,
the very stones would cry out.’
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus chooses to make his entrance into Jerusalem on a donkey, which was the mount used by important people. The ease with which the owner of the donkey allows the animal to be taken seems to imply that he was a follower of Christ and responded to the needs of “the Master” very happily and easily.
- The joy of the people contrasts very strongly with the attitude of the leaders of the Jews that has been the subject of our last few days. It happen that you might feel content at the respect the people show for Him. It is His last show of freedom before he allows Himself to be arrested. From now till His ressurection we follow Him in Holy Week, noticing how the divinity hides itself.
Jesus, You are always there waiting for me.
Sometimes I get bogged down
with the concerns of this life.
Grant that I may be still more often.
To know Your peace, Your calm.
I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for any insights I may have been given concerning the text.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network
- Add your comment and view the feedback of others about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space