I pause for a moment
and think of the love and the grace
that God showers on me,
creating me in his image and likeness,
making me his temple....
Daily Prayer - 2014-02-12
I pause for a moment
Lord, you granted me the great gift of freedom.
In these times, O Lord, grant that I may be free
from any form of racism or intolerance.
Remind me, Lord, that we are all equal
in your loving eyes.
At this moment Lord I turn my thoughts to you.
I will leave aside my chores and preoccupations.
I will take rest and refreshment in your presence Lord.
Then Jesus called the crowd again and said to them, "Listen to me, all of you, and understand: there is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but the things that come out are what defile."
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus seems ready to bless what is in the world, affirming the goodness of God's creation. I pray that I may recognise how God is ready to bless me through all that is around me.
- I pray not to be distracted – not to be led into temptation – by what disturbs me. I ask that I might grow in compassion and service, as Jesus did.
Do I notice myself reacting as I pray with the Word of God?
Do I feel challenged, comforted, angry?
Imagining Jesus sitting or standing by me,
I speak out my feelings, as one trusted friend to another.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space•
- Making Good Decisions
- Easy to follow eight-step video guide to making good decisions.
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space