Lord, you are always there
waiting for me.
May I never be too busy to
find time to spend in your presence.
Daily Prayer - 2014-02-06
Lord, you are always there
Lord, guide me always
to do your holy will
knowing that your strength
will carry me through.
My soul longs for your presence, Lord.
When I turn my thoughts to you,
I find peace and contentment.
Jesus called the twelve and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. He ordered them to take nothing for their journey except a staff; no bread, no bag, no money in their belts; but to wear sandals and not to put on two tunics. He said to them, "Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave the place. If any place will not welcome you and they refuse to hear you, as you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them." So they went out and proclaimed that all should repent. They cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus promised to be with his disciples to the end of time. The Church he founded has lived through all sorts of challenging times. Many of its members have brought little credit to their great baptismal calling. This should not come as so great a surprise. As the prolific English author, Gilbert Keith Chesterton once put it, Jesus did not found a Church for good men. He founded a Church for all men. So we should not be surprised to find many in it who are anything but good.
- In sending out his disciples two by two, as the Gospel records, Jesus knew exactly what He was doing. The vast majority of those He has sent out have been married couples. His plan of salvation depends on them and will still be so until the end of time.
Lord, I know that when I turn to you there is no need for words.
You can see into my heart.
You know my desires and you know my needs.
I place myself into your hands.
I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for any insights I may have been given concerning the text.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network
- Add your comment and view the feedback of others about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space