I pause for a moment
and reflect on God's life-giving presence
in every part of my body, in everything around me,
in the whole of my life.
Daily Prayer - 2013-12-03
I pause for a moment
Thank you for the gift of freedom, Lord.
Grant that I may always choose to follow You.
Keep me ever mindful of your ways.
Of your love and concern for all people.
Lord, grant that I may always desire
to spend time in your presence.
May I not forget your goodness to me.
Guide me to share your blessings with others.
At that same hour Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, 'I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and the intelligent and have revealed them to infants; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.'
Then turning to the disciples, Jesus said to them privately, 'Blessed are the eyes that see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, but did not see it, and to hear what you hear, but did not hear it.'
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Gratitude was important in Jesus’ life as he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and gave thanks to the Father. Giving thanks is important in the lives of all who follow Jesus for all we have is gift (1Cor 4:7). It is the humble who can receive and acknowledge gifts and be grateful. The self-sufficient are not open to it, as they do not experience the need of what Jesus offers.
- We need freedom to receive gifts as we often think we have to earn them or justify them. The invitation is to live the truth of who we are and who God is for us. During this time of prayer, what am I grateful for?
Jesus often asked questions of those who came to him.
Let me sense him close to me now,
Listening to my prayer and asking
‘How can I help you?’
‘What can I give you?’
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Pope's Worldwide Prayer Network
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space•
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space