Lord, you are always there
waiting for me.
May I never be too busy to
find time to spend in your presence.
Daily Prayer - 2013-07-06
Lord, you are always there
"Leave me here freely all alone
In cell where never sunlight shone
should no one ever speak to me
This golden silence makes me free."
Part of a poem written by a prisoner at Dachau concentration camp
Dear Jesus may I always be aware of your presence,
Your power and your Love,
all the days of my life.
The disciples of John came to Jesus, saying, "Why do we and the Pharisees fast often, but your disciples do not fast?" And Jesus said to them, "The wedding guests cannot mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them, can they? The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast. No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old cloak, for the patch pulls away from the cloak, and a worse tear is made. Neither is new wine put into old wineskins; otherwise, the skins burst, and the wine is spilled, and the skins are destroyed; but new wine is put into fresh wineskins, and so both are preserved."
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Being a follower of Jesus is never one-dimensional. To walk with Jesus I must always remember that there is a time for fasting and a time for celebrating. Am I eager to grow in the understanding of God’s word and plan for my life?
- Jesus wants our minds and hearts to be like new wine skins - open and ready to receive the new wine of the Holy Spirit. He doesn't want us to hold rigidly to the past and to resist the ever-new work of his Holy Spirit in our lives.
- Lord, please fill me with your Holy Spirit, that I may grow in your great love and truth. Help me to seek you through prayer and fasting that I may turn away from sin and transform my life to your will. May I always find time to celebrate the joy of knowing, loving, and serving you.
Do I notice myself reacting as I pray with the Word of God?
Do I feel challenged, comforted, angry?
Imagining Jesus sitting or standing by me,
I speak out my feelings, as one trusted friend to another.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space