Lord, you are always there
waiting for me.
May I never be too busy to
find time to spend in your presence.
Daily Prayer - 2013-04-10
Lord, you are always there
Thank you God for my freedom
May I use this gift to do what I can
for those who are oppressed or burdened.
As I spend this time with you, Lord,
I am aware of how blessed I truly am.
I think of the love and laughter in my life,
And I feel grateful.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Those who believe in him are not condemned; but those who do not believe are condemned already, because they have not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil. For all who do evil hate the light and do not come to the light, so that their deeds may not be exposed. But those who do what is true come to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that their deeds have been done in God.
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- ‘God gave his son’, Only-begotten, the only son of the eternal father. The words Father, Son and begetting are human metaphors for the mysterious dynamic of the Blessed Trinity. We believe that God intervened in human history and gave his only son to show that his attitude to us is that of a loving parent.
- Prayer may be compared to a time of opening ourselves to the light of God, like sunning ourselves in the warmth of the sun, the gentle and bright light which illuminates us completely. In prayer, the light of God enters totally into a person in a way which lightens the burdens of life, and which encourages us to share light with others. It can help in prayer to imagine the light surrounding us and to be reminded that this light surrounds us outside prayer also.
Do I notice myself reacting as I pray with the Word of God?
Do I feel challenged, comforted, angry?
Imagining Jesus sitting or standing by me,
I speak out my feelings, as one trusted friend to another.
I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for any insights I may have been given concerning the text.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space