The more we call on the Lord
the more we can feel his Presence.
Day by day he draws us closer
to his loving heart.
Daily Prayer - 2013-01-07
The more we call on the Lord
Lord, you created me to live in freedom.
May your Holy Spirit guide me to follow you freely.
Instil in my heart a desire
To know and love you more each day.
Help me Lord to be more conscious of your presence.
Teach me to recognise your presence in others.
Fill my heart with gratitude for the times Your love has been shown to me through the care of others.
Now when Jesus heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew to Galilee. He left Nazareth and made his home in Capernaum by the lake, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, so that what had been spoken through the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled:
'Land of Zebulun, land of Naphtali,
on the road by the sea, across the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles-
the people who sat in darkness
have seen a great light,
and for those who sat in the region and shadow of death
light has dawned.'
From that time Jesus began to proclaim, 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near.'
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and curing every disease and every sickness among the people. So his fame spread throughout all Syria, and they brought to him all the sick, those who were afflicted with various diseases and pains, demoniacs, epileptics, and paralytics, and he cured them. And great crowds followed him from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and from beyond the Jordan.
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- In this story we hear how Jesus devoted himself tirelessly to “proclaiming the good news” of God’s love and providence. You might ask yourself what that “good news” means for you in practice today. Jesus also spends a lot of time healing people of the wounds from their past and he also sets people free from their demons.
- If you want to pray about this, quieten your mind for a short while and hear Jesus saying to you, “Come and see” a number of times. Then be with Jesus and the “good news” he has for you and with how he wants to heal the wounds from your past so that you might be free to ponder his love for you like Mary did.
To communicate we don’t always need to talk.
Can I imagine myself sitting quietly with Jesus?
I looking silently at him and He at me.
How do I feel?
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space