God is with me, but more,
God is within me, giving me existence.
Let me dwell for a moment on God's life-giving presence
in my body, my mind, my heart
and in the whole of my life.
Daily Prayer - 2012-12-10
God is with me, but more,
Guide me always to do your holy will
knowing that your strength will
carry me through.
In the presence of my loving Creator,
I look honestly at my feelings over the last day,
the highs, the lows and the level ground.
Can I see where the Lord has been present?
One day, while he was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting nearby (they had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and from Jerusalem); and the power of the Lord was with him to heal. Just then some men came, carrying a paralysed man on a bed. They were trying to bring him in and lay him before Jesus; but finding no way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down with his bed through the tiles into the middle of the crowd in front of Jesus. When he saw their faith, he said, 'Friend, your sins are forgiven you.'
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus is the newly arrived kingdom, personified in his very self. Not only has he power to cure the paralysed man, he also lays claim to forgive the man’s sins - and this requires nothing less than God’s own power.
- “We have seen strange things today”, say the onlookers. Nothing had prepared them for this.
- But this precisely is what our Advent Season is about - we are commemorating the first coming of a Saviour Lord, and we are also preparing a welcome for this Saviour Lord in our own hearts, and in the world of today.
- The lame will leap like a deer and the tongues of the dumb will sing for joy, prophesied Isaiah. Nature itself too will be renewed, with water gushing in the desert. No less will the people be joyful of heart…the whole world is poised for a make-over.
Dear Jesus, I can open up my heart to you.
I can tell you everything that troubles me.
I know you care about all the concerns in my life.
Teach me to live in the knowledge
that you who care for me today,
will care for me tomorrow and all the days of my life.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space