The more we call on the Lord
the more we can feel his Presence.
Day by day he draws us closer
to his loving heart.
Daily Prayer - 2017-03-20
The more we call on the Lord
Lord grant me the grace
to have freedom of the spirit.
Cleanse my heart and soul
so I may live joyously in Your love.
Life is busy Lord
Often my best intentions are left undone.
But I know that you are with me in all I say and do,
And in everyone I meet with daily.
Now the birth of Jesus the Messiah took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been engaged to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. Her husband Joseph, being a righteous man and unwilling to expose her to public disgrace, planned to dismiss her quietly. But just when he had resolved to do this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, 'Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife, for the child conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.' When Joseph awoke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he took her as his wife.
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- God called Joseph to let go his own plans and put himself at the service of Jesus and Mary. No word of his in the gospels, only mention of his being a just and generous man; his taking Mary into his home and his protection of Mary and Jesus. Years passed in Nazareth in a faithfulness expressed in routine services that never drew attention on himself.
- Yet one important commission: ...”you must name him Jesus, because he is the one who is to save his people from their sins.”
- Spend time resting in his company. He understands your daily tasks. Let him look lovingly at you and all you have to do today. Be at ease in the presence of the one who lived in the presence of Jesus and Mary.
God’s Word is always fruitful.
How is it touching me now
As I reflect on what I have just prayed?
Do I feel comforted?
Do I feel challenged?
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space