I pause for a moment and think of the love and the grace that God showers on me, creating me in his image and likeness, making me his temple....
Daily Prayer - 2013-11-03
Lord, may I never take the gift
of freedom for granted. You gave
me the great blessing of freedom of
spirit. Fill my spirit with Your peace and
I exist in a web of relationships - links to nature, people, God.
I trace out these links, giving thanks for the life that flows through them.
Some links are twisted or broken: I may feel regret, anger, disappointment.
I pray for the gift of acceptance and forgiveness.
Jesus entered Jericho and was passing
through it. A man was there named Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and
was rich. He was trying to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he
could not, because he was short in stature. So he ran ahead and climbed a
sycamore tree to see him, because he was going to pass that way. When Jesus
came to the place, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, hurry and come
down; for I must stay at your house today ." So he hurried down and was
happy to welcome him. All who saw it began to grumble and said, "He has
gone to be the guest of one who is a sinner." Zacchaeus stood there and
said to the Lord, "Look, half of my possessions, Lord, I will give to the
poor; and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will pay back four times as
much." Then Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this
house, because he too is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek out
and to save the lost."
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus ‘was passing through’ Jericho. It seems that he did not intend to stay. Yet he changed his plans to be a guest of Zacchaeus. Lord, teach me not to be wooden but responsive to unexpected moments of grace.
- Lord, may I hear you say ‘I must stay at your house today’. Every day, please! Otherwise I am lost.
Jesus you speak to me through the words of the gospels. May I respond to your call today.Teach me to recognise your hand at work in my daily living.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Something to think about
- Read this week's prayer advice
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- Wondering why Sacred Space looks different?
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space