The more we call on God
the more we can feel God's presence.
Day by day we are drawn closer
to the loving heart of God.
Daily Prayer - 2013-05-07
The more we call on God
It is so easy to get caught up
with the trappings of wealth in this life.
Grant, O Lord, that I may be free
from greed and selfishness.
Remind me that the best things in life are free.
Love, laughter, caring and sharing.
Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the cares of this world.
At times like these may I be aware
of the comfort of your Presence,
Your infinite love for me.
Jesus said, 'Now I am going to him who sent me; yet none of you asks me, "Where are you going?" But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your hearts. Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes, he will prove the world wrong about sin and righteousness and judgement: about sin, because they do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will see me no longer; about judgement, because the ruler of this world has been condemned.'
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- The whole purpose of Jesus was to awaken in us the realisation that we are sons and daughters of God (by grace); co-heirs to God’s kingdom with Him. “We are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ” (Romans 8:17).
- A really successful master/teacher makes his pupils masters in their own right. Jesus tells his disciples “it is to your advantage that I go away”, so that they will discover in themselves the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Spirit who guided him. This Spirit will show up in the shortcomings of the world, lead it into right relationship with God and others, and convince it that love alone is the ultimate value on which we all will be judged.
- How is the Holy Spirit enlightening you and guiding you in your life? Do you find that the Spirit shows you what the world lacks, and provides you with a more inclusive integrating vision for humanity?
May your Holy Spirit guide me
In all my dealings with others.
May I use the gift of speech with kindness.
I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for any insights I may have been given concerning the text.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space