Lord, God, my Creator,
Be close to me now.
My soul yearns for your presence.
Daily Prayer - 2013-05-06
Lord, God, my Creator,
Thank you God for my freedom
May I use this gift to do what I can
for those who are oppressed or burdened.
There is a time and place for everything, as the saying goes.
Lord, grant that I may always desire
to spend time in your presence.
To hear your call.
Jesus said to the disciples, "When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who comes from the Father, he will testify on my behalf. You also are to testify because you have been with me from the beginning. I have said these things to you to keep you from stumbling. They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, an hour is coming when those who kill you will think that by doing so they are offering worship to God. And they will do this because they have not known the Father or me. But I have said these things to you so that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you about them. I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you."
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus taught his disciples with his word, and prepared them for life when he would no longer be with them. He knew that there would be opposition to them and danger to their lives because of their following of him.
- Jesus reassures us that the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, who comes from the Father, will support us in giving witness to the Good News, despite challenges from those who persecute the Christian faith. He tells us that they this out of ignorance of Him and the Father. “Jesus said, ‘Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing’” (Luke 23:34).
- I ask to ‘know’ Jesus more closely so that I might testify to his presence in my life through my daily choices, words and deeds; and ask the Holy Spirit for the help I need.
What is stirring in me as I pray?
Am I consoled, troubled, left cold?
I imagine Jesus himself standing or sitting at my side and share my feelings with him.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning,
is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space