The more we call on the Lord
the more we can feel his Presence.
Day by day he draws us closer
to his loving heart.
Daily Prayer - 2013-02-26
The more we call on the Lord
If God were trying to tell me something, would I know?
If God were reassuring me or challenging me, would I notice?
I ask for the grace to be free of my own preoccupations
and open to what God may be saying to me.
Where do I sense hope, encouragement, and growth areas in my life? By looking back over the last few months, I may be able to see which activities and occasions have produced rich fruit.
If I do notice such areas, I will determine to give those areas both time and space in the future.
Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, "The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat; therefore, do whatever they teach you and follow it; but do not do as they do, for they do not practice what they teach. They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on the shoulders of others; but they themselves are unwilling to lift a finger to move them. They do all their deeds to be seen by others; for they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long. They love to have the place of honour at banquets and the best seats in the synagogues, and to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces, and to have people call them rabbi. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all students. And call no one your father on earth, for you have one Father--the one in heaven. Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Messiah. The greatest among you will be your servant. All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted."
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus does not take issue with how the Pharisees live but he sees how they have become distracted from God by thinking using human measures and scales. Could it be that I am sometimes misled by wanting my way, by establishing my kingdom instead of seeking the reign of Go
Jesus you speak to me through the words of the gospels. May I respond to your call today.Teach me to recognise your hand at work in my daily living.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Something to think about
- Read this week's prayer advice
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- Wondering why Sacred Space looks different?
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space