I pause for a moment and think of the love and the grace that God showers on me, creating me in his image and likeness, making me his temple....
Daily Prayer - 2013-01-15
Saint Ignatius thought that a thick and shapeless tree-trunk would never
believe that it could become a statue, admired as a miracle of sculpture, and would never submit itself to the chisel of the sculptor, who sees by her genius what she can make of it.
I ask for the grace to let myself be shaped by my loving Creator.
How do I find myself today?
Where am I with God? With others?
Do I have something to be grateful for? Then I give thanks.
Is there something I am sorry for? Then I ask forgiveness.
When the sabbath came, Jesus entered the synagogue and taught. They were astounded at his teaching, for he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes. Just then there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit, and he cried out, "What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God." But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!" And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying with a loud voice, came out of him. They were all amazed, and they kept on asking one another, "What is this? A new teaching--with authority! He commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him." At once his fame began to spread throughout the surrounding region of Galilee.
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- The teaching of Jesus is straight from his heart, from his relationship with God. I ask God to bless me so that all my words and actions profess my faith.
- Although I may value the authority given by education, ordination or election, I consider how God's Spirit is given to me so that I, like Jesus, might minister healing and truth.
Conversation requires talking and listening. As I talk to Jesus may I also learn to be still and listen. I picture the gentleness in His eyes and the smile full of love as he gazes on me. I can be totally honest with Jesus as I tell Him of my worries and my cares. I will open up my heart to Him as I tell Him of my fears and my doubts. I will ask Him to help me to place myself fully in His care, to abandon myself to Him, knowing that He always wants what is best for me.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Something to think about
- Read this week's prayer advice
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- Wondering why Sacred Space looks different?
- Donate to Sacred Space
- Help us to continue to work on Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space