I pause for a moment and think of the love and the grace that God showers on me, creating me in his image and likeness, making me his temple....
Daily Prayer - 2012-11-22
Lord, may I never take the gift
of freedom for granted. You gave
me the great blessing of freedom of
spirit. Fill my spirit with Your peace and
At this moment Lord I turn my thoughts to You. I will leave aside my chores and preoccupations.
I will take rest and refreshment in your presence Lord.
came near and saw the city, he wept over it, saying, 'If you, even you, had
only recognized on this day the things that make for peace! But now they are
hidden from your eyes.’
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus weeps over Jerusalem as a mother weeps over her child. Jesus’ heart was full, shortly before this, he had experienced the great welcome of the people and had made a triumphant entry in Jerusalem. But the people had no idea of what lay ahead…
- Jesus, who was there to help you carry your burdens? Who was there in moments of sadness or loneliness? Yet you are so near to us just waiting for us to call on you to comfort us in the darkness moments of our lives. Thank you for your great love for us.
Begin to talk to Jesus about the piece of scripture you have just read. What part of it strikes a chord in you? Perhaps the words of a friend - or some story you have heard recently - will slowly rise to the surface of your consciousness. If so, does the story throw light on what the scripture passage may be trying to say to you?
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Something to think about
- Read this week's prayer advice
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- Wondering why Sacred Space looks different?
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space