Dear Jesus, I come to you today
longing for your presence.
I desire to love you as You love me.
May nothing ever separate me from You.
Daily Prayer - 2012-11-20
Dear Jesus, I come to you today
Everything has the potential to draw forth from me a fuller love and life.
Yet my desires are often fixed, caught, on illusions of fulfillment.
I ask that God, through my freedom
my desires in a vibrant loving melody rich in harmony.
In the presence of my loving Creator, I look honestly at my feelings over the last day, the highs, the lows and the level ground.
Can I see where the Lord has been present?
Jesus entered Jericho and was passing
through it. A man was there named Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and
was rich. He was trying to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he
could not, because he was short in stature. So he ran ahead and climbed a
sycamore tree to see him, because he was going to pass that way. When Jesus
came to the place, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, hurry and come
down; for I must stay at your house today ." So he hurried down and was
happy to welcome him. All who saw it began to grumble and said, "He has
gone to be the guest of one who is a sinner." Zacchaeus stood there and
said to the Lord, "Look, half of my possessions, Lord, I will give to the
poor; and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will pay back four times as
much." Then Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this
house, because he too is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek out
and to save the lost."
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus ‘was passing through’ Jericho. It seems that he did not intend to stay. Yet he changed his plans to be a guest of Zacchaeus. Lord, teach me not to be wooden but responsive to unexpected moments of grace.
- Lord, may I hear you say ‘I must stay at your house today’. Every day, please! Otherwise I am lost.
Conversation requires talking and listening. As I talk to Jesus may I also learn to be still and listen. I picture the gentleness in His eyes and the smile full of love as he gazes on me. I can be totally honest with Jesus as I tell Him of my worries and my cares. I will open up my heart to Him as I tell Him of my fears and my doubts. I will ask Him to help me to place myself fully in His care, to abandon myself to Him, knowing that He always wants what is best for me.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Something to think about
- Read this week's prayer advice
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- Wondering why Sacred Space looks different?
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space