I pause for a moment and think of the love and the grace that God showers on me: I am created in the image and likeness of God; I am God's dwelling-place.
Daily Prayer - 2012-11-20
Lord, may I never take the gift
of freedom for granted. You gave
me the great blessing of freedom of
spirit. Fill my spirit with Your peace and
Where do I sense hope, encouragement, and growth areas in my life? By looking back over the last few months, I may be able to see which activities and occasions have produced rich fruit.
If I do notice such areas, I will determine to give those areas both time and space in the future.
Jesus entered Jericho and was passing
through it. A man was there named Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and
was rich. He was trying to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he
could not, because he was short in stature. So he ran ahead and climbed a
sycamore tree to see him, because he was going to pass that way. When Jesus
came to the place, he looked up and said to him, "Zacchaeus, hurry and come
down; for I must stay at your house today ." So he hurried down and was
happy to welcome him. All who saw it began to grumble and said, "He has
gone to be the guest of one who is a sinner." Zacchaeus stood there and
said to the Lord, "Look, half of my possessions, Lord, I will give to the
poor; and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will pay back four times as
much." Then Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this
house, because he too is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek out
and to save the lost."
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- Jesus ‘was passing through’ Jericho. It seems that he did not intend to stay. Yet he changed his plans to be a guest of Zacchaeus. Lord, teach me not to be wooden but responsive to unexpected moments of grace.
- Lord, may I hear you say ‘I must stay at your house today’. Every day, please! Otherwise I am lost.
Begin to talk to Jesus about the piece of scripture you have just read. What part of it strikes a chord in you? Perhaps the words of a friend - or some story you have heard recently - will slowly rise to the surface of your consciousness. If so, does the story throw light on what the scripture passage may be trying to say to you?
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Something to think about
- Read this week's prayer advice
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- Wondering why Sacred Space looks different?
- Donate to Sacred Space
- Help us to continue to work on Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space