I pause for a moment
and think of the love and the grace
that God showers on me,
creating me in his image and likeness,
making me his temple....
Daily Prayer - 2012-10-02
I pause for a moment
Dear Lord, instil in my heart
the desire to know and love you more.
May I respond to your will for my life.
Dear Jesus may I always be aware of your presence,
Your power and your Love,
all the days of my life.
When the days drew near for him to be taken up, Jesus set his face to go to Jerusalem. And he sent messengers ahead of him. On their way they entered a village of the Samaritans to make ready for him; but they did not receive him, because his face was set toward Jerusalem. When his disciples James and John saw it, they said, "Lord, do you want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" But he turned and rebuked them. Then they went on to another village.
Some thoughts on today's scripture
- By setting his face toward Jerusalem, Jesus indicates his single-minded determination to fulfil his Father’s will, no matter what it involves. Do I accept in a spirit of Christian trust and hope whatever comes my way in life?
- Jesus asserts the way of non-violence towards the unwelcoming Samaritans. How does his response compare with my own attitudes towards those who may not accept me for who I am? Am I always aware of God’s protection and guidance in my life, each day and night, in the form of my Guardian Angel?
May your Holy Spirit guide me
In all my dealings with others.
May I use the gift of speech with kindness.
I thank God for these few moments we have spent alone together and for any insights I may have been given concerning the text.
If you appreciated the daily prayer or have any suggestions or insights we will be glad to hear from you.
- Sacred Space
- Return to the homepage
- Living Space
- Commentaries on the daily readings
- Chapel of Intentions
- Add your Prayer Request and pray for others
- Chapel of Remembrance
- Your prayer for the departed
- Pray with the Pope
- This month's intentions from the Apostleship of Prayer
- What others thought about Sacred Space
- Novena to the Sacred Heart
- Text and audio for nine days
- About Sacred Space
- The origin of the site and using the prayer
- Frequently asked Questions about Sacred Space
- Contact us
- Let us know what you think about Sacred Space