Look back over the retreat
Bring to Jesus all that has been good, and all that has been a struggle for you.
- Looking back over the journey you have been on over the last few weeks is always a very important part of making a retreat like this. It is highly possible that you now see Jesus with fresh eyes or have encountered him in a new way.
- You might recall the prompting questions from the introduction at the beginning of this retreat:
What do you hope to gain from this retreat?
How do you see Jesus?
How would you express Jesus if someone asked you to?
How would you address him?’
- Has your picture of Jesus changed in some way during this retreat?
- Perhaps there was a particular session that stood out to you…
- By way of summary, we will hear again each antiphon with space and a prompting in between for you to recall the important moments you had with God for each session.
O Wisdom …… ‘Jesus’ the one word that came from the mouth of God
O Sacred Lord….the authority of God
O Shoot of Jesse…a shoot that will become a flower bursting into life
O Key of David …. The path and way to the Kingdom of Heaven
O Radiant Dawn…. The light that comes into the darkness
O King of all the Nations… the servant King
O Emmanuel…God with us
- In these last few moments, reflect on how God has spoken to you in this retreat. Bring to him all that has been good, and all that has been a struggle for you. You might like to talk to Jesus, addressing him using whichever antiphon has meant the most to you.
- Bring all this to the Messiah; God with us. Maranatha…Come, Lord Jesus.