Welcome! We invite you to make a 'Sacred Space' in your day, praying here and now, as you visit our website, with the help of scripture chosen every day and on-screen guidance.
Something to think and pray about this week
The preparation before prayer is important. It allows us to physically carve out space in our day for prayer, and it allows our minds to be mentally ready for prayer. The same idea of preparation that St. Ignatius suggests can be helpful in our preparation for Lent.
- Have we physically set aside a prayer space for our Lenten journey?
- What time of day will we pray during Lent?
- What are the “exercises” or prayer methods we will be using during Lent?
In our preparatory prayer, we pray for specific graces. What is the grace we desire to deepen within us during Lent?
- To deepen our understanding of Jesus’ Passion?
- To walk with Jesus through his Passion and Resurrection?
- To work on overcoming a temptation that keeps us from fully entering into life with Christ?
- To foster a new spiritual practice to ignite or inflame our relationship with Jesus?
In this week of Ash Wednesday, I invite us to begin our preparatory prayer. We can turn to Jesus and ask, “What is the grace you desire to deepen within me over these next 40 days?”
By Becky Eldredge on dotMagis, the blog of IgnatianSpirituality.com